Monday, February 7, 2011

Liza Mae's ReCreations: Fun with .25 cents...



I found these at the local Gift and Thrift here in Mount Joy, PA.  With them being .25 cents a piece I couldn't go wrong!  I need to learn to take before pictures...anyway, one was solid dark brown and the other was porcelain, I think.  I lightly sanded the wooden one first.   I decided to play with different colors with glazes. I have lots of different colors in acrylics, so I used those. I painted them a couple of fun colors. After they dried, distressed them with sanding.  Then, I mixed a little black acrylic paint with some glaze.  I brushed it on, then wiped it off.  I love what the glaze did to them.



You can change them up with different color candles.  You could add a white candle holder for the fourth of July!




No comments:

Post a Comment