Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Spring Mantel...Finally!


I have been pondering and getting excited about putting together a spring mantel.  I am supposed to be vacuuming...ummm, but my mantel looks perdy now...lol.  Ok, I am planning on vacuuming now that it's done. (maybe).  Anyway, here is what I came up with...wait, before I show you, you have to know I have been HUGELY inspired by all my blog friends.


So, here's the breakdown on how it all came together:  I knew I wanted to use the bird cages and of course my little nest. 

Proof that I did not eat the chocolate malt eggs!
 The hanging backdrop was an idea I had after seeing a window dressing at King of Prussia. They had strips of multicolor cloth hanging from the ceiling behind their clothes and stuff.  It was Free People Clothing boutique.  Very cool.


I tore strips out of fabric I had in the attic, then tied them to a stick my daughter brought home from the lake last year.  It was in the garage, it was perfect.


Also, I finally have a chance to used the little balls I made out of seed pods from my Rose of Sharon bushes.


  Lastly, this little doodad was something I picked up at Goodwill.  It is a candle holder that attaches to a bigger piece of furniture.  I knew it would come in handy somewhere.  



before...
What did I do with my cute little door you ask?  I just moved it!

See? ...re purposed.

Happy Sring!




2 comments:

  1. Very Creative Lisa! I like the color you added in there. My fav are your birdcages... I have a metal one and never use it! Oh...and I love the the door vignette... with the mirror and moss wreaths.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in love with that cute lil' door! and the way you have it displayed is over-the-top perfection!!!

    ReplyDelete