Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Inspired by Willliam Sonoma

So, I was walking through the William Sonoma store in the mall.  I usually walk and pine for all the cool gadgets and kitchen decor.  A display table caught my eye.  I loved how it was so simple and festive at the same time.
I already had a white tablecloth at home. (the things you can do with a simple white tablecloth) I went to a local JoAnns fabric store and purchased a little burlap at about $2.99 yd.  Then, I purchased a yd. of plaid fabric and a roll of stitch witchery.  I love this stuff!  So sewing needed. All you need is an iron.
 I have a small table, so I bought one yard of plaid fabric.  I cut it in half, put the right sides together and used the stitch witchery to bind them  together, making one long runner  Then, I used the stitch witchery to hem the runner all the way around.  About an inch all around.

No comments:

Post a Comment